Lower Back Pain During Pregnancy
Our Sydney CBD Chiropractor may help women suffering with lower back pain during pregnancy.
At Advanced Care Chiropractic, treatment is performed on a special table that allows you to lay face down.
Pregnancy Back Pain Treatment may include :
- massage of tight muscles around the neck, shoulders, lower back and pelvis
- reducing swelling of inflamed joints and pinched nerves
- mobilisation of the low back and pelvis to correct spinal alignment
- advice on exercises suitable during pregnancy
- footwear advice to reduce foot pain and supply of custom orthotics
Causes of Pregnancy Back Pain
During pregnancy, a woman’s centre of gravity shifts forward. This additional weight in front causes stress to the joints of the pelvis and low back, causing the curve of the lower back to increase. This process places extra stress on the spine and may lead to pain and difficulty performing normal daily activities.
Studies have found that about half of all expectant mothers develop low-back pain at some point during their pregnancies, especially true during the third trimester.
Chiropractic care may relieve pain and discomfort. In fact, many women in our clinic have found that Chiropractic care helped them avoid the use of pain medications during their pregnancy.
At Advanced Care Chiropractic, our Chiropractor can be your partner in reducing lower back pain during pregnancy.
Contact Advanced Care Chiropractic Today
Chiropractor Sydney CBD 02 9262 6566
Chiropractor Inner West 02 9550 9480