Top 10 tips for a healthy back.
1. Get out, get some sun, and be active. Exercising regularly such as walking, swimming, or riding a bike, strengthens the spine.
2. Maintain standing, correct sitting, and sleeping posture. Avoid slouching or hunching over.
3. Try to reduce your stress
4. Maintain a healthy body weight. Cut down on simple sugars and fatty take out, and drink plenty of water.
5. Sleep on a comfortable mattress suited to your body (not the lounge), and use a supportive pillow
6. Never bend, lift and twist at the same time
7. Stretch regularly to reduce stiffness and increase mobility
8. Always lift and carry objects close to your body
9. Reduce smoking. It is thought smoking reduces blood supply to discs between the vertebrae, leading to degeneration.
10. Regular spinal check ups with chiropractic care