Pinched Nerve Treatment In Sydney
Pinched nerve treatments in Sydney by our Chiropractor is a common reason why people visit our clinic. Our examination process will help locate the pinched nerve and the treatment can reduce their impact on your nervous system.
The treatment process may include :
- soft tissue massage
- bio-mechanical correction of spinal joints to reduce nerve pressure
- ice or heat treatment
- stretches and exercises to improve strength, flexibility or balance
- exercise for rehabilitation
- return to activity plan
What is a Pinched Nerve
A pinched nerve is actually an irritated or inflamed nerve. When a spinal bone loses its correct position or motion, it can encroach upon where the nerve exits the spine. This causes one of the two types of nerve interference:
1. Compressed lesion or “pinched nerve”.
2. Facilitative lesion – where the nerve root is either stretched, twisted or rubbed against.
It is very important that the cause of any form of pain be properly diagnosed. This is especially important when nerves are affected. Severe or long term irritation or compression of a nerve can lead to permanent damage. If you require pinched nerve treatment in Sydney,seek professional care such as from a Chiropractor, as soon as possible.