Posture correction is provided by our Sydney Chiropractor for those who suffer with poor posture. This usually occurs when someone is slouching with their head forward. Some examples include when reading a book, spending long periods of time on a laptop, smartphone or tablet, or extended periods of driving.
Poor Posture Effects
Poor posture causes an increased load on the spine and surrounding muscles which leads to tension and stiff spinal joints.
It can also alter the bio-memechanics of the pelvis leading to lower back pain or sciatica.Long term, it may lead to osteoarthritis and disc disease.
Possible consequence if posture if not corrected are:
- sore neck
- tension headaches
- joint stiffness, pain and arthritis
- upper and low back stiffness
- breathing difficulties
These are just some of the problems that may be caused due to poor posture.
Luckily, improving postural habits can help fix this before it impacts your health.
Posture Correction Treatment
Posture correction treatment may involve:
- a full postural analysis
- education on lifestyle factors
- posture advice during standing, sleeping, sitting, lifting
- massage of muscles affected due to poor posture
- stretching and strengthening
- improving mobility of joints and muscles of the spine
If you would like to improve your posture, call us at Advanced Care Chiropractic today.